I think nearly every keto food blog has a version of this recipe and for good reason. It is delicious and warming on a cold day. This version is mine.
- 1 pound spicy Italian sausage
- 4 slices bacon cut into lardons
- 1 onion diced
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 1 cup heavy cream
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Aleppo Pepper to taste
- parmesan cheese for serving
- Brown sausage, bacon, and onion in the Instant Pot using the sauté setting. Drain grease, if desired, and return to pot.
- Pour broth into pot, stirring to scrape up the brown bits. The fond has lots of good flavor!
- Add Aleppo pepper, cauliflower and kale.
- Put the lid on the pot. Cook soup for 5 minutes on high pressure and release manually. (Being careful, of course!)
- Add cream and stir. Season to taste.
- Enjoy with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.