Part of my ongoing Spice Rack project! This seemed like an excellent way to try out Urfa biber in an unexpected way. I tried them out on the work crew and the other resident foodie proclaimed them ‘really special’. They’re more rich and fudgy rather than light and caky.
Urfa Biber Brownies
- 3 ½ ounces unsweetened chocolate chopped
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- pinch sea salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ tablespoon urfa biber more or less to taste
- 3 ½ ounces dark chocolate chopped into chunks
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch baking pan with parchment. Lightly grease with butter.
- Combine the unsweetened chocolate and butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Whisk until the chocolate is melted. Transfer to a mixing bowl and set aside to cool slightly.
- Add the sugar to the bowl with the melted chocolate. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Add the flour, salt, vanilla, and Urfa biber. Stir to incorporate. Fold in the dark chocolate chunks, if using.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared baking dish. Bake until just set, about 20 minutes.