My friend Sean is a cole slaw fiend. This is his proclaimed favorite. You can, of course, use whatever brand of mayo and vinegar you like. I’ve settled on Duke’s Mayo and Salata vinegar as my own personal faves.
- 1/2 cup Duke’s Mayo
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2-1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1-1/2 tbsp Salata seasoned vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 8 cups cabbage finely chopped or shredded
- 1/4 cup carrot shredded
- 2 tbsp onion minced
- Combine the mayo, sugar, milk, buttermilk, lemon juice, vinegar, salt, and pepper in a large bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Add the cabbage, carrots, and onion. Mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.