This is a quick recipe that marries sweet with salty for a lovely starter or snack.
- 2/3 cup walnuts chopped fine
- 1/2 cup fresh flat leaf parsley minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp orange zest grated
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 12 large dates pitted and halved lengthwise
- 12 thin slices prosciutto halved lengthwise
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the walnuts to the hot, dry pan, only toasting as many walnuts as fit in the pan in a single layer. Cook, watching constantly and stirring frequently until the walnuts start to brown and they smell toasted. Keep a close eye on them as they go from toasted to scorched quickly.
- Combine toasted walnuts, parsley, oil and orange zest in bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Mound 1 generous teaspoon of filling into center of each date half. Wrap prosciutto securely around dates.
- Serve or refrigerate for up to 8 hours before serving.
Adapted from Paleo Perfected by America’s Test Kitchen. Nutritional values calculated in Cronometer.
Calories: 100kcal | Carbohydrates: 6.4g | Protein: 3.3g | Fat: 7.4g | Fiber: 1.1g
Tried this recipe?Mention @kansas_yo!