This is a fantastic muffin to whip out for a brunch or a breakfast pot luck at the office. They pull together in a hurry and make an elegant morning bite with a bit of whipped butter.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 + 1/3 cup sugar divided
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1-1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- zest of 1 orange finely grated
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, eggs, sugar, and wine until smooth. Add the other dry ingredients and the zest; whisk together gently.
- Line cupcake tin with cupcake papers and spoon into the papers about 4/5 full. Sprinkle on the sugar (topping will be thick). Bake for 22-25 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out. clean.