This is a lovely tart to serve when pears are in season.
- 1 cup gingersnap crumbs
- 2 tbsp butter
- 16 oz cream cheese
- 1/3 + 1/4 cup sugar divided
- 2 tsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 2 large pears peels and thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1/2 in. up the sides of a 9-in. spring form pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 5-8 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream cheeses until smooth. Beat in 1/3 cup sugar, flour and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into crust.
- In a small combine the pears, cinnamon and remaining sugar; arrange pear slices over cream cheese mixture. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until almost set. Immediately run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours and serve