These are currently my Go To chocolate chip cookies. The balance between chewy and crispy is perfect. They’re also impressively large!
- 2 scant cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (165°C). Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or silpats.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside. Or if, like me, you’re too lazy to dig out your sifter, just put the ingredients in a bowl and whisk them vigorously.
- Cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended, taking care not to overmix. Stir chocolate chips in by hand.
- Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart. Example, I use half size cookie sheets and bake 5 cookies per sheet.
- Bake 15 to 17 minutes. Allow to cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before moving to racks to cool completely.