I’ve had consistently good results with hard boiling eggs in the Instant Pot… but use whatever method you’d like for your eggs,
Egg Salad with Urfa Biber
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon capers chopped & drained
- 1 teaspoon caper juice
- 3/4 teaspoon Urfa biber
- sea salt
- Add 1 cup of water to your Instant Pot and place rack in bottom. Carefully place 6 eggs on rack. Close the pot and set it to sealing. Cook on Manual High Pressure for 5 minutes.
- Once the cooking is done, allow the pot to do a natural 5 minute Natural Pressure Release. While this is happening, prepare an ice bath by filling a large bowl with ice and water.
- Release any remaining pressure and open the pot. Carefully remove the eggs and place them in the ice bath. Allow to cool in the ice bath for another 5 minutes.
- Peel the eggs and chop them into pieces.
- Mix the eggs in a bowl with the mayonnaise, mustard, capers, caper juice, pepper, and a good sprinkle of salt.
- To serve, spread on crackers or toasted grainy bread, then garnish with additional salt, pepper, and some chopped chives. If you’re low carbing, enjoy with slices of cucumbers, Keto crackers, or just on its own!
Adapted minimally from David Lebovitz.