This… is NOT Mississippi Pot Roast. A lot of people swear by that recipe. Myself, I just love this crock pot staple so much that I’ve never tried the other. This is quick and easy and people love it.
- 3-4 lb beef roast
- 15 oz beef stock
- 1 large jar pepperoncini including the juices
- Put all three ingredients in a crock pot in the morning and let go on low all day. By the end of the day, the roast will be falling apart. It can be pulled apart with forks and piled up on crusty rolls with some provolone. The braising liquid makes a nice jus for dipping into.
- Do include all the juices from the jar of peppers. It makes a difference in the flavor of the meat.
- You can use a jar of sliced peppers or whole peppers, as your preference suits you.
- If you like things a little spicier, take the stems off the tops of the peppers before cooking.
- A bottle of beer added to the braising liquid doesn’t hurt anything!