I came across this recipe in a Facebook group and realized right away that it could be easily adapted to a low carb/keto dish. It is really tasty and got raves all around my table.
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 1 Medium onion cut into small chunks
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 black pepper
- 2 ounces Prosciutto chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 pound Gruyère Cheese grated
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Put the Brussels sprouts and onion chunks into a large bowl, drizzle in olive oil, season with salt and pepper, then toss to coat the sprouts.
- Spread the sprouts over a rimmed baking sheet and roast until they are mostly tender but still have a bit of resistance when you poke them with a knife, about 20 to 25 minutes. Take the sprouts out of the oven and leave the oven on.
- Transfer the vegetables to a 9×13 baking dish and spread the sprouts in a single layer. Sprinkle the prosciutto around the sprouts, drizzle the cream over it all, and top with the Gruyère.
- Bake until the cream and cheese are bubbling, 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool for about 5 minutes and serve hot.